Is there something wrong with the new Belarc?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mele20, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

There is a thread here that did say to beware of installing the latest version of Belarc Advisor. The information about the suspect drivers was edited out today by Bubba. Some users at dslreports are wondering why.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=78118

I read the thread earlier and I installed the latest version (even after reading the warning) and hated it. I immediately uninstalled it. I went back to 6.0. A number of others are reporting doing likewise or are just trashing Belarc entirely. But the reason is not because of drivers being installed but because none of us like the new Belarc that yells at you about your security rating and that tries to compete with MSBA instead just of doing what Belarc has always done so well.

So, was the information that was removed from the thread here inaccurate? Bubba said: "removed certain info IAW thread starter". What is IAW and what does this mean?

Should we beware of Belarc 7.0 for privacy reasons as well as bloatedness and junk that was not in earlier versions? (The bloat and security stuff where it claims you have no av, etc. is only there for 2000 and XP Pro users. For Home, 98/Me users 7.0 is just like 6.0).

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

IAW is an acronym for....In Accordance With. As in....IAW the thread starters request....I removed certain info that was added to his initial post in our Updates Forum....so that the info could be shared in a thread that was started by the same poster in an appropriate Forum for discussion.

This thread---> About that last BelArc update

BTW....you could have gotten a faster response if you had simply PM'd the horses mouth....since it was by luck I stumbled onto this thread.

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Ahhh...ok. Thanks. Yes, that was in a forum not designed for discussion.

Next time, the horse's mouth it is! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.