Is there something I need to do?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Keepinon, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keepinon

Keepinon Registered Member

Hi
    I am new to this forum, and relatively new to IT.
    I am thrilled to have found such an amazing collection of wealth of knowledge!!

Silly as this may sound, I have notices that after I have navigated through the site I see that I am no longer signed in. Is there something that I need to do in order to stay logged in?

I followed the members forum link from DiamondCS site- I have been using Process Guard Full version since December and am sadly disappointed to see that it's forum is closed :(

Do I have to belong to the other forums incorporated on this site in order to post to them?
    I am really glad to have found Willderssecurity.com and look forward to saying "HI" to it's members

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

If when clicking from one place on the forum to another, you end up logged out, then it almost always has to do with the passing and saving of cookies for the domain wilderssecurity.com. Cookies must be allowed for this site in order to stay logged in as you navigate the forum. Here are a couple reference threads about this kind of problem, and there are links within them with more information:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=123546

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=165108

One other factor that can cause unexpected logouts is the allowing of session based cookies only, and then timing out because you haven't clicked a forum link for 15 minutes or more (i.e. the timeout of member sessions here on the forum). If you can stay logged in under normal activity, but, if you step away or spend a long time composing a post (i.e. longer than 15 mins), and upon the next click (for example, submitting that post) you are logged out, then it's definitely a session related issue and most likely you are either converting permanent cookies to session cookies, (a common mod used in some browsers or privacy software), or are only allowing session cookies to begin with.

No, not at all. You simply need to configure both your browser and any related security or filtering software to allow yourself to stay logged in here. Use of Wilders Security Forums does not depend upon any other memberships or product usages.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hello Keepinon :cool: Welcome to the Best Security Forum in the Universe :thumb: I'm sure you will find all the information you need,and were All here to help each other :) Stick around and your sure to bump into some wacky and colourful characters along the way :p

4. Keepinon

Keepinon Registered Member

Thanks! Sorry for the long delay, I had a ton of trouble, and wasn't on the net since I posted :rolleyes: ....Hopefully I have erradicated the hackers/virus/ trojans that have had my O/S under seige. I replaced my system, and spent enormous amounts of time checking it twice.
    Your welcome is very appreciated and BTW I will love meeting some "wacky and colourful characters!

5. kalla

kalla Registered Member

Hi all , I hope I can help someone here .
    Thanks .

6. brasco

brasco Registered Member

This is not a reply but as dumb as it sounds I cannot find where to start a new thread, so I have to ask the question as a reply.
    Please help

7. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

Just go to the section you want to start a new thread, 'General Topics' - 'other anti-trojan software' - 'ewido anti-spyware forum' etc. and you'll see a button top/left of the page just above where all the threads are that says "new thread", and you must be logged in of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.