Is there max number of Sandboxes?

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by mayokey, Jun 25, 2022.

1. mayokey

mayokey Registered Member

When I create a new sandbox, BoxDisplayOrder= becomes duplicated, see pic, and the whole order set in "Sandbox > Set Layout and Groups" falls apart. The same happens when I try to rearrange the sandboxes and their groups. I've been observing it in recent months, so it's not tied to a specific version. If I rearrange the sandboxes/groups by manually editing sandboxie.ini, it works, but it's super uncomfortable. As I currently have 103 sandboxes, I wonder if there's perhaps a maximum number of entries that BoxDisplayOrder= can take and therefore it gets duplicated, which then no longer works for maintaining the order. Any ideas?
    Win 7 Pro
    Intel i7, 16 GB RAM
    Sandboxie 5.55.18

Attached Files:

2. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Well there is no explicit limit,
    but there are
    Code:
    #define CONF_LINE_LEN               2000        // keep in sync with sbieiniwire.h
    #define CONF_MAX_LINES              100000      // keep in sync with sbieiniwire.h

some limitations.
    You can not have more then 100 000 lines in your sandboxie.ini so amusing a minimum of 3 likes per sandbox you can have 33 thousand sandboxes.
    And a config line can not be longer than 2000 charakters. I think this is the limitations you are actually running into.

Unfortunately the plus ui does use sandboxie ini for this data, but i wil change this in an upcomming build to use the plus ini which has no such limitation

3. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

@DavidXanatos many thanks for this. Great job you are doing for Sandboxie, you're a true lover of it, like no other developer ever was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.