is there anywhere i can get a free vista dvd?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i didn't get a vista dvd when i bought my computer and i want to reinstall it without all the extra junk it came with. i'm not going to use it if i have to uninstall a load of stuff before it's useable because by that time it's not really useable with all the stuff left behind. i had a popup the other day saying norton needs updating, i uninstalled it so i can't update it, maybe some of it was left behind but i'm not going to waste my time cleaning it up.

i don't know anything about OEM stuff, so will the code on the computer activate it if i use a proper MS disc to do a reinstall? where can i get a MS vista dvd for free?

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Iceni60,

Microsoft has a 'replacement disk' policy/program. My Sony Vaio, came with a Sonytized XP home, it also came with small booklet on XP, with for use with Sony Vaio only. I called and asked M$ for there replacement disk, phone number, called gave them the number in the booklet, & they shipped an XP disk to me for approx $20.00. Good Luck

Take Care
    Rico

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Rico. i don't really want to pay for it though. i was hoping there was a way MS would send it. i heard all vista versions are on one DVD, it's one big iso, so if i wanted to upgrade i could use that dvd. maybe i'll tell MS i want to upgrade to the most expensive version and they might send me a dvd o_O lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.