is there anywhere i can get a free vista dvd?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i didn't get a vista dvd when i bought my computer and i want to reinstall it without all the extra junk it came with. i'm not going to use it if i have to uninstall a load of stuff before it's useable because by that time it's not really useable with all the stuff left behind. i had a popup the other day saying norton needs updating, i uninstalled it so i can't update it, maybe some of it was left behind but i'm not going to waste my time cleaning it up.

i don't know anything about OEM stuff, so will the code on the computer activate it if i use a proper MS disc to do a reinstall? where can i get a MS vista dvd for free?

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Iceni60,

Microsoft has a 'replacement disk' policy/program. My Sony Vaio, came with a Sonytized XP home, it also came with small booklet on XP, with for use with Sony Vaio only. I called and asked M$ for there replacement disk, phone number, called gave them the number in the booklet, & they shipped an XP disk to me for approx $20.00. Good Luck

Take Care
    Rico

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Rico. i don't really want to pay for it though. i was hoping there was a way MS would send it. i heard all vista versions are on one DVD, it's one big iso, so if i wanted to upgrade i could use that dvd. maybe i'll tell MS i want to upgrade to the most expensive version and they might send me a dvd o_O lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.