Is there any SW-FW that will allow a temp outbound connect thru a network range block

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jrx10, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrx10

jrx10 Registered Member

It seems it would be handy to have a "temporary allow-single IP" function with a right click on the FW icon in the tray that would allow a "session only" temporary outbound connection to a single IP to over-ride a network range block which includes that single IP . Sort of a temporary "single-IP-allow" setting of an outbound rule that could be quickly (and only) set from the FW tray icon, and perform the same function as setting this "single-IP-allow-rule" above the blocking 'net-range' rule which includes the ip in question, (with or without actually setting it above the blocked network IP range rule) , and then have that rule disappear once the browser is closed. If you had multiple IPs being blocked & logged, a simple window would PU with the blocked IPs sort of like when you click on the "S" no-script icon in your tray to choose which 'script to allow.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. hisb

hisb Registered Member

Re: Is there any SW-FW that will allow a temp outbound connect thru a network range b

As best I can understand the situation you described, I think Comodo and other firewalls can do this, but none I know of have the option of enabling/disabling a single rule at the task bar.

The next closest thing I can think of would be to create a rule for that program to always ask for a specified range. This way, when the program attempts to connect to the specified ip/ip range (or several other settings, if desired), it will pop up a request for input from you. I know Comodo can do this, but again, others probably can as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.