Is There Any Need ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by manOFpeace, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

:)Hello, is there any need for a daily scan with Nod32.V2 ?
    Although I do it I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't necessary
    as it was always active and could manage without outside help. If there's any benefit at all then I prefer to scan manually. ;)

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

FWIW,

I don't scan daily, but run a scheduled weekly scan for all drives on Friday. Meanwhile, AMON is always on while the computer is running.

Easiest way to do it for me. It does it's thing every week, and I check the logs afterward. No muss, no fuss!

;)

3. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

:)Thanks Jim, I think something similar would do me as well. You mention Amon, maybe something in relation to that I read about. ;)

4. sig

sig Registered Member

Amon is NOD's resident scanner. If you have it activated it scans in real time the files that are accessed while the PC is in use. Depending on whether you use the default settings or set it to "all files," Amon either scans the default list of executable files or scans all files that are accessed while you are running the PC.

5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

And do not forget IMON guarding your emails .... Advanced heuristic included.. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.