Is there any ETA when prevx safeonline allows whitelisting of applications?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Tolomir, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tolomir

Tolomir Registered Member

I really understand that there are keyloggers and screencaptures that want to collect my credentials.

BUT when I'm using snagit! or dbvis (tools I use daily) The screen becomes black or copy&paste is blocked.

http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.asp
    http://www.dbvis.com/

So I go to the prevx icon, disable prevx (install mode) and continue to work.
    Is this how users should work on a computer with prevx enabled?
    I did already send a computers log to prevx with my applications, but assume updates appear and the central whitelisting is broken again.

Tolomir

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It would be helpful if you could send another log so that we can correct the copy/paste behavior but for screengrabbers, you will need to lower protection from Maximum to High - many infections are using legitimate screen grabbers to view screen contents so we cannot simply whitelist legitimate applications, unfortunately.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

3. dabruro

dabruro Registered Member

Turning down the level on SafeOnline definitely isn't enough. Even after I exit from my browser(s), it *sometimes* continues to block screenshots (and copy-and-paste between my applications too). I just gave up and disabled SafeOnline completely.

Even if it only did it so long as I had a secure/protected site in a browser window, this just kills my productivity.

4. Tolomir

Yes, I also face the same problems. right now I did close firefox, c&p did still not work, I had to disable prevx for a simple c&p!

Tolomir

5. Tolomir

ok, report send. will see thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.