Is there an exclusion List in Avira?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Socio, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Hello,

I am a long time user of KAV but I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and could not ever get it to work with Outpost ( worked fine together in XP). So I am testing Avira and it seems to be a lot lighter than KAV and plays nice with Outpost, thus it is looking like a keeper.

I do have one question;

With KAV there was an exclusion list where one could add Firewall software, defrag software etc... to keep them from being scanned and slowed down.

I do not see anything in Avira that allows this, perhaps it is because I am using the trial not sure, does this software have such a list or is it even necessary?

2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I don't have the realtime guard installed, but the on demand scanner has an exclusion option:

testav.jpg

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

The guard allows exclusions to be added too.

4. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

Yes, Avira has an exclusion list, it's pretty much in the same place in the free or pro version. There are two places to excludes files/processes, one is the real time protection and the second is during a system scan. To get to it open Avira and select configuration - expert mode - scanner - scan - exception, then go to guard - scan - exception.

;)

5. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Ah! I did not see the Expert checkbox, got to the exclusions now thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.