Is there a work-around for Online Armore Free Ads?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dundertaker, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

I currently upgraded to the free version of OA which is version 3.5.50 and I noticed there was a pop-up ad convincing you to buy the premium or the premium++ OA.

It's quite annoying a bit...Is there a workaround for it? Outpost free has ads that has work-arounds..I wonder if OA has one..

Any help is really appreciated!:D

Dundertaker:cool:

2. Dundertaker

Hi ssj100;

Thanks for the link. I d now understand why but yeah I would like to remove the pop-up:D

Regards,

Dundertaker

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok post like this must make Mike Cringe.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Search here or the Online Armor forum. Once option, buy. 2nd option wait it goes away in 7 days. There is a 3rd, but I don't remember it, and you will have to search

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Not really. Nobody is obliged to buy OA if they don't want to. If not enough people buy it, I guess it means we're doing something wrong and we have to go do something else.

1. Buy
    2. Wait 7 days
    3. Use the reghack I published
    4. Uninstall

Either one would get rid of the popup.

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Or it just means you made the free version to damn good. ;)

7. Dundertaker

Hi;

The free version is good as compared with the one I previously am using. It ate most of my resources. The ads are really not that bad but it's fixed now. It's the slow showing of all the desktop icons during start-up which more annoying..I already posted it at the OA forums and found out that this has been as issue before and "still" unresolved.

Maybe Mike can comment on this......(catprincess' tip at OA forum did not resolve the issue..)

In the meantime I plan to stick to OA free and test it out further then compare with my previous firewall.

Kind regards,

Dundertaker:cool:

8. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

If this is a newly installed version of Online Armor ... presumably the latest version ... it is a good idea to keep Learning Mode on for 3 or 4 boot ups. Anything that requires permission to load at boot will then be given default start status - which might be causing this sluggish behaviour at boot up, if say a required file at boot has lesser status, etc - Untrusted or Ask, Blocked

Firewalls are VERY temperamental creatures and prone to clashes with other software, other running security applications, and old stuff that hasn't removed fully from your system. Make sure your last firewall was fully removed. Some of the firewalls are absolutely useless at removing themselves. So it's a good idea to check you're working with a clean system for Online Armor to function properly. Maybe see if your previous firewall has a remnants remover on their website.

Tally Ho.

9. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You mean the Special offer of not showing the ad's anymore right. ;)

Now send me a free key for giving your the Idea to put your self as a Dancing Icon on the free version. Profit is incoming.

11. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

OA keys are practically free now anyways ;)

12. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

13. Basic

Basic Registered Member

14. Dundertaker

Hi Keyboard_Commando;

The previous firewall that I used did not leave any remnants. This was also shared with me when I posted with OA forums but still the problem was the same. I did the LEarning Mode for 2 days though...will it be another uninstall and install again? I already did that as I was waiting for OA forums to reply to me before...

Any more tips I have to check so it may be worked out?

Thanks!:)

Hi Mike;

I will download the Beta verson from the link. Aside from the checkbox will the slow start-up be cured with this? There was no other reply in the OA forums other than PM's having the same experience with slow start-up...

Can you comment on this?

Thanks!:)

Thanks all for the inputs!

15. ePost

ePost Registered Member

I'm getting nervous. I have had OA installed for 48 hours now and I haven't seen any commercial popups. Not one single one. Do I have a problem here? What if "something" is suppressing some of OA's warnings = popups?

I installed the old version yesterday and the new one today. The popups I do get are all about permissions for ordinary things.

Well. I have some scanning to do, I guess....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  16. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

The only thing would would suppress OA popups is OA. If you previouly waited out the 8 days, or changed the registry, a new OA install would not reset that.

17. ePost

ePost Registered Member

Thanks Mike. And I did get one commerical popup yesterday. Never thought I'd be glad to see one of those. :D

18. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

lol... I can't win... ;) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.