is there a way/trick to install photoshop cs5 under xp sp2?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    in there a way/trick to install photoshop cs5 under xp sp2?

cs5 needs sp3
    but i don't want to upgrade to sp3 , sp2 works great

does somebody tried to install it ?

i get an yellow exclamatory point that doesn't let me to continue to install it

thanks

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

You can install SP3, Photoshop CS5 and uninstall SP3 :p May it will work, maybe it will mess up your system, maybe it will stop working. Good luck with unsupported Windows version.

Honestly, since you've already asked in number of place including Adobe forums and the answer has been no everywhere, I don't see what's the point of this thread really.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if you hve SP2 with all the updates then SP3 will be a smooth transition just do an image backup and updat to SP3. I havent had any issues upgrading to SP3 on lots of clients computers. as time goes on more and more software will want SP3.

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I don't really follow the aversion some people have toward updating to SP3 personally (you're going to have to eventually as support for SP2 dies).However you could probably obtain a portable version of CS5 (with varying levels of legality) if you really hate the idea.

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

well there are many usesers that don't want to install sp3

well i bought cs2 , upgrade to cs3 normal , and i guess i i will upgrade to cs5

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Maybe Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit will allow a lie to be told to the installer about your OS version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.