Is there a way to make OnlineArmor more Granular?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by GrammatonCleric, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I've been using Online Armor for over a year know but I miss the Outpost Security glanurality where I had a choice which port range I can allow for specific app right there in the popup.
    Otherwise I have Online Armor popup GOM PLAYER wants to access port blah blah in local host do you want to allow questions being asked 50 times even when I choose REMEMBER my answer.
    The reason they are being asked is because each time GOM player looks for an incremental port number so a new question is generated. I would like to have a choice to just choose a port range right then and there, or have an option to fire off advanced setup right then and there without going into the software and fishing for it.

2. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

You should create a generic rule for GOM Player executable file without specifying a port or a port range. Create a rule to block all attempts. Or you can use another player which does not connect to the Internet. Anyway, why your media player should connect to the Internet ?

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Hard to stream stuff otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.