Is there a trial version of the Avira Security Suite?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CJsDad, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

3 problems with filling in all the required fields in order to get a test key

1) Your desired Avira product:
    Where is the selection for the Security Suite?

2) Operating system:
    There is none to choose, it just says Choose One

3) Do you want to additionally test the Avira AntiVir Security Management Center?
    Two options to choose , Yes or No
    Is this for the Security Suite?

If so, then back to question 1, which Avira product am I supposed to choose from the drop down box?

Thanks.

2. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Also, why do you need other information such as phone number and home address?
    All I want to do is trial the Security Suite but thats alot of personal info to give out over the internet for a 30 day trial.

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Yes, I have no excuse for Avira on this. I love their product but come on guys, stop with all the foolish ways of having people go through hoops to get trials of this great product. Very poor and ridiculous way of marketing to say the least.

Gary

4. FRug

FRug Registered Member

read again what smustaca wrote....
    he said "We will have a trial" not "there is a trial"

Giving your personal info for trials is quite normal since they offer trials for products worth hundreds of euros/dollars. If you look at trial versions for other software in that price range, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Other possible reasons (indicated by the customer-type choicebox):
    - to get contacts for potential customers especially in the business field
    - to get press contacts
    - to be able to contact potential resellers

5. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

I've done a few trials where I was only asked for e mail info and even then its not my main e mail address, no one knows it.
    I have nothing at all against Avira I just want to try their Security Suite.
    I've been given numerous ways of contacting someone that works with Avira in order to try the suite, here at Wilders and even over at the Avira forum and never got one reply from any of them but I'm supposed to give out personal info for something that I can get no response from?

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Oh give me a frigging break. Geez. They create a new and great suite that works. By people posting here, it is discovered there isnt a friendly was to try out a trial. By Avira listening, which they do very well CjsDad, there now is. Wow, in just about 2 days look what was accomplished. Now folks here want it tweaked because the way it is set up. Instead of bashing a company for trying, why not give them a chance to look at that issue to. Obviously they are listening to the feedback here or nothing would have happened this quick. It sure as heck, isnt because of me.:rolleyes: .

7. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

@trjam and @Frug,

Points well taken. Sorry for the unwarranted criticism - just frustrated because the suite is so good. Yes, Avira llistens both on its forum and to people at Wilders. In time, things will smooth out and as they go forward in features, the great will get greater. Sorry again and thanks for your balancing comments as always. Whatever you need to go through, as long as no financial information needs to be given, the trial will be worth the effort and possibly in future this trial procedure will be a little different. We will see.

Gary

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No problem sir. Constructive feedback is always needed, for any company.

9. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

No need to get pissed off, I'm not about to get in a bitch fest and especially not over a security program.
    I'm just very cautious when it comes to giving out personal information regardless of who I'm giving it out to, if you cant understand that then I dont know what to tell you.
    No where in any of my posts did I bash Avira, I dont know where you got that from, I just had some questions about the link to the site that was left by sumastaca.
    I'll just wait and check the Avira forum from time to time to see what the situation is on the suite.

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Wasnt trying to sound pissed, but readying my post, I can see your point. Guess you caught me at one of my own, "IC" moments.:)

11. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

trjam,
    I really appreciate your help & effort on this entire matter and will continue to follow the discussion on receiving a trial of the security suite.
    Just please dont take it the wrong way or think I'm bashing Avira which I have no intentions on doing.
    As I mentioned previously I'm just very cautious about certain things that are sent over the internet.
    I have tried their AV program and think their suite will be just as good if not better and look forward to trying it.
    Again I appreciate all of your help and effort with the security suite. :thumb:

12. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi All,
    Received my trial key today for Avira Security Suite, from Patrick Veit.I sent him an e-mail on Monday.
    Badcompany.

13. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Finally!! I received my test key today!!

14. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

did you have to provide all that info they wanted ? Like home address etc etc ?

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Enjoy it, you earned it. And again, it was from feedback like yours, which allowed them to see a issue that needed correction, and they acted. You will find, this is the one vendor that listens to the one, and not the many. That is why I proudly wear their signature. Not a biggy to most, but it sure as heck is to me.

16. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Through the Avira website, there is a thread started on who to contact in order to receive a key.
    Check here..http://forum.antivir.de/thread.php?threadid=15441

To trjam,
    Again, Thank You, you helped in making this possible or I would probably still be searching for a way on how to test the Avira Suite. :thumb: :thumb:

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Dont thank me, thank them. We yell at each other every day.:) :thumb:

18. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

he better like the suite now, after all this for the trial key.... :eek:

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well maybe I will buy one for him Cj.:eek:

20. Banshee

21. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

22. Banshee

Ok, Thanks Cjsdad :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.