Is there a simple way to see Firewall mode?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by muppetman, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muppetman

muppetman Registered Member

(Note: I accidently posted this in the wrong forum, if I mod could remove that thread please.)

Hi,

I can't find a simple place to see what mode the Firewall is currently in for the currently active adaptors. I have to go into settings and pick each adaptor and check.

ESET SS seems to know that my 3G Card should be untrusted which is good, but I'd like to see this somewhere in the overview.

I'm using the latest RC, which I must say I am very impressed with (I am trialling ESET SS before I purchase it)

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Actual mode you can check at card Setup => Personal Firewall.

3. muppetman

muppetman Registered Member

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean in the GUI you can quickly get to the "Subnet Selection" dialog box. I still have to check each Subnet though. It would be nice if the GUI showed an overview of the interfaces and current modes without having to go into the dialog box.

I should probably provide more details first though.

I have VMWare on my laptop, thus I always have several Network interfaces active at any one time.

Is there any simple way to see what mode each Interface is in, without having to go to Setup (i.e. press F5)->Personal Firewall->Rules and Zones->Trusted Zone and then clicking on the setup button.

I can check the status of each interface that way, but is there a cleaner, easier way to see the status of all interfaces?

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.