is there a program that add icon on my desktop when i plug an external hard disk?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

is there a program that add icon on my desktop when i plug an external hard disk or usb stick or dvd ?

in short like ubuntu or macos?

i found only Desk Drive 1.8.5, i know it's a opensource _http://mike-ward.net/download?filename=DeskDriveSource.zip

would be nice to add some icons like dock icons that can be easy find in devian art

is there an alternative to desk drive?
    or can someone add this feature to the source?

thanks

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

USB Safely Remove is replacement tool for Windows tray utility for ejecting external drives. It also gives you some extra features over the Windows built-in utility, such as it tries to find out what's locking the drive if it cannot be ejected safely, it lets you assign drive specific letters to external drives and it allows you to open the drive from the tray menu. So no desktop shortcut, but tray icon shortcut. However, it's a commercial program.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

but i'm talking about icons like this

Attached Files:

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

You can right click on the desktop > New > Shortcut, then enter the path. HTH...

5. Pliskin

Pliskin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.