Is there a logfile generated by RegDefend to see what has been accepted/declined?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by zoril, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoril

zoril Registered Member

Re above I may have accepted a registration access request in error clicking accept. Is there a logfile generated anywhere that I can check?

....Howard

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

zoril,
    If you are using the current release version of RegDefend the logs are persisted to disk and you can view them (and see history) using the Log tab. If you are using the GSS beta with the more recent changes the logs are only in the Logs tab until you exit the GUI (which is normally during a logout or reboot)

3. zoril

zoril Registered Member

That's very helpful - I am using version 2.001. Many thanks for that info. Just noticed the files are saved in a format that I am unable to open in my usual processors - .gsy,gsd,.gsz format. Is there anyway to open these?

Best wishes,

Howard

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  4. gottadoit

zoril,
    You can't open those files directly because they are in a binary format and optimised for efficiency to minimise space wasted through repeated alerts.

If you do want to take the alerts out to a text format you need to go to the logs tab and highlight all the lines you want and do a control-C to copy them to your clipboard and then paste into an editor and save the file

5. zoril

zoril Registered Member

That's excellent thanks for that...Howard:thumb:

6. zoril

zoril Registered Member

The problem is I can't see any lines of text to edit even in binary? I am unable to open the .gsd/gsx/.gsz files. I can't find the log tab anywhere? The only option i seem to have is remove log?

Howard

7. gottadoit

zoril,
    I was meaning that you should use the GUI for the program, it has a list of all the alerts in the tab called Logs (for GSS) and I think in the original RegDefend GUI the logs were in a tab called Regdefend (see http://www.ghostsecurity.com/images/regdefend_04_large.jpg )

To copy lines from these onscreen lists of logs, click on the first line that you wish to copy, move the mouse to the last line that you wish to copy, hold down shift and left click on that last line and all the lines in between will be highlighted (as normal for windows programs). Then copy to the clipboard using the keyboard shortcut control-C, and this is where the GUI is different to normal programs because it doesn't offer a right click menu with "Copy"

Attached Files:

8. zoril

zoril Registered Member

AHHHHHHH!!!!

Now I understand. Thanks for replying the alert screen messages - I now understand. I can now copy paste etc from there:-

Much obliged for that...

Howard:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.