is there a limit on activations....

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zfactor, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

say on the SAME SYSTEM i do a lot of software testing and do a lot of system restores. i take a base image of windows and then a second with windows and office to go back to. and as a example with kaspersky in the past they have blocked a lic key on me due to this. i know with eset and most others this is not a problem. will i have a issue like this with webroot??

and if i need to change the hardware say i switch to a new laptop will the one use on the previous system be lost? or as long as its only on 3 systems (or 5 depending on lic key) at one time is it okay?

thank you

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

If you do have any issues just contact support and they will be happy to help you. https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?

TH

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The licensing system is flexible so it won't block you immediately, only if you're using it for a significant amount of time on more devices than you're allotted, so you should be fine :)

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yeah it would only be for the pc's allowed my main concern was the amount of times i can restore a base image of a fresh windows installation and reinstall wsa on that machine since i do a LOT of software testing.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

WSA uses the system hardware as its identifier so you can reinstall the OS as many times as you like without a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.