Is their an easy way to merge Firefox and IE6 bookmarks?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Bookmarks where imported into firefox when it was set up, however since then the bookmarks have diverged. It would be useful to have my new bookmarks in IE6 in firefox, since I am starting to warm up to Firefox now.

P.S. MikeBC if you are out there, I don't see firefox in your signature!

- HandsOff

2. bch

bch Registered Member

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

True, haven't got around to updating my sig yet -- it doesn't show ZA (or for that matter even SP2) either.

I'm a card-carrying member of Procrastinators Anonymous (Unanimous?) -- or will be, whenever I can remember to send that darned application in. ;)

4. HandsOff

Thanks Bch! It's good to get a recommendation, and if you can managa bookmarks with all those browsers, then surely I can manage them between IE and FF.

Hi Mike, I was just curious because I read in another thread you had started using it. Sometime when we both get around to it, we should settle, once and for all, who is the all time champion procrastonator. Glad you are still using it. I am too, but I havent taken the time to really learn it yet. I can manage downloads, bookmarks, tabbed browsing (tabbed homepage!!! - great idea!!), I have java and flash installed and the addblocker. that is the extent of my knowledge. I've been meaning to read up on it...

Is there a flash killer for FF? I suppose if I read the new user pages I would know?

Oh! and I just mastered merging bookmarks!

- HandsOff

5. bch

bch Registered Member

The PrefBar Extension includes a lot of useful buttons including "Kill Flash". It works in Firefox and Mozilla. http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

6. HandsOff

Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, I am a little embarrassed because someone already mentioned that the adblocker extension could block flash. I could not figure it out at first because

1. I did not see any instructions

2. I did not notice the little tabs that said ad in faint writing

3. I took the little add blocker lable at the bottom right corner of the screen to be a logo, and it was some time before i clicked on it to reveal its truly awesome powers!

finding stuff on pages is like a needle in a haystack for me. give me drop down menu's any day.

BTW that adblocker extension is really cool. everyone who has firefox, hopefully is using it. except, of course, people who like the ads. (It's true, she actually "kinda likes looking at them" if they weren't animated i wouldn't care either way.

- HandsOff

---------------------------------------
    late entry:

Just went to look at the Prefbar. I must really be in tune with the universe. Look what they had to say about documentation:

Documentation
    Also included with this edition is an extensive internal help system that includes everything you should need to know to use the prefbar and then some. This should increase the usability factor by several points, since you no longer have to figure everything out on your own. There is also an online version of the help system here

See! I think I like it already!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.