Is That Firefox 2.0 Alpha1?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tansu, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tansu

tansu Registered Member

Someone posted this to our forums. I found no other links about the subject.
    Code:
    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-mozilla1.8/firefox-2.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

its been announced on some news sites like digg but keep in mind its only an alpha and thus most anything wont work as intended.

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

I copied that link and it auto downloaded Firefox 2.0 Alpha1.Don't think I will exe it though.FF 1.5.0.0 is fine.Will probably wait for 3.0.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, WSFuser

Your right about that, Being Alpha is before Beta which is before RC's which are Before the Final. o_O

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yea thats how it usually goes, but of course, not all developers may release public alphas/betas/RCs.

6. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Weird thing is that before I the downloaded the exe at the link and before I selected "save to disk" it was downloading automatically at some phenomanal speed at between 1 and 2 megs a sec when I have only 512 kbps connecion.

As soon as I selected "save to disk" my speed dropped slowly to it's capped speed provided by my ISP.

Tried this at different time intervals of the download with FF 15.0.0 and yep it was the same everytime on cancelling,deleting and restarting the download..

Hmmnn,this is something worth looking into!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.