Is Sunbelt partnered with Invisus Direct?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DougWeller, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougWeller

DougWeller Registered Member

I've just stumbled across a lot of spam from Invisus Direct to various groups and lists. They seem to be partnered with Sunbelt, and use a clone of Counterspy by agreement with Sunbelt. Is this true? I hate spammers and if it is, I'll dump Counterspy.
    Thanks
    Doug

2. alexeck

alexeck Registered Member

Hi Doug,

Invisus is one of our licensees (in fact, they license technology from a number of companies to put together their security suite). Their version of CounterSpy is "private labeled", meaning that it's not CounterSpy, but a version with their own name on it.

To my knowledge, Invisus doesn't spam and has strict policies in this area. However, it's entirely possible that one of their affilliates is spamming and I'm sure they would take that quite seriously.

If you have any information you could share with me, I would be interested to know more. I will also let the Invisus people know about your concerns.

Alex Eckelberry
    CEO, Sunbelt Software
    Email: alex(at)sunbeltsoftware.com

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Holy bejezus DougWeller you got the Sunbelt CEO after you. LOL.

4. invisusdirect

invisusdirect Registered Member

Doug, I am an Invisus Services Advocate and any kind of email that is sent without prior approval and can spam opt out disclaimer is not right. Your post says that you 'stumbled' upon spam email to various groups and lists? I am wondering where you actually were headed when you 'stumbled' upon this spam. To the point...were you receiving unsolicited emails from Invisus Direct Associates?

Let me know, I will do anything I can to help out your situation.

Tom Mangone
    invisusservice at yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.