Is "SPYWAREGUARD" your product??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ex_Brit, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

I tried downloading it three times today and found that it seized up my desktop, removed most items on my taskbar and caused absolute mayhem, until I finally removed it through "Start" "Search" because it never appeared in my list of Programmes.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Really sorry to hear that you are having problems you might find an answer here

3. Ex_Brit

Well, none of them really answer my problem. I can't think of a reason for these problems other than I may be the only one with McAfee Security Center... but it didn't object to the programme in the 1st place. It will remain a mystery I guess. Unfortunately it means I can't use this product, unless someone comes up with a miracle cure!! :blink:

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Version 3.2 will be out very soon and it may have the fix you need to run it. I have run spywareblaster with mcafee AV 7.03 and mcafee firewall 4.0 with no problems. Lets hope version 3.2 will work for you because spywareblaster is a very good app. ;)

bigc

5. MCT

MCT Registered Member

hes askin about spyware guard ...

do u by chance maybe use spybot's "Tea Timer" ? it could be a conflict , as they are basically doing the same thing, 1t could be resetting your home page or something, thinking it was hijacked, while the other is trying 2 set it back, and they COULD be having a "war" , so if u are using it, maybe disable it?

ps: ive never heard of this happening, but it seems like a logical thing :p

regards

6. Ex_Brit

I have Spybot S & D but I refused the Teatime application.

7. Ex_Brit

Thanks for all the help. I guess I'll just have to wait for the new version and retry then.

8. Ex_Brit

All your products are great. That is why I was so surprised. Maybe another programme was conflicting with it. I'll keep my eyes open for the new version and try again then. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2004
  9. Ex_Brit

As a footnote, I tried installing it again. Full version, although with XP I know the minimal version is sufficient. Same thing happened. SG appeared on desktop and in taskbar. Then everything seized up and some of my taskbar items shot into oblivion. The desktop kept blanking and then re-appearing. Then the taskbar SG vanished. So I went to add/remove programs and tried uninstalling - wouldn't go, saying I had to disable it first. I couldn't do that as right clicking on the SG on the desktop produced nothing. So I had to do a very devious and involved searching of the registry in order to remove the last remnants. This is very unfortunate as I realize that it is a good programme, but obviously conflicts with something else I have going here.
    :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.