Is SpywareBlaster a really good addition to my other protection?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by greyowl, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyowl

greyowl Registered Member

Re: SpywareGuard really needed anymore?

I use AvastHome and SpywareTerminator. I have been considering a firewall,but not sure if it is essential and i don't know which is the best freeware one. I am running Win2000 and don't want to slow down my computer too much as i have only dialup. What would be suggested here?

So, is SpywareBlaster a really good addition to the other protection. What does it do that SpywareTerminator doesn't do.

Thanks for the help.

2. Yochanan

Yochanan Registered Member

A Windows 2000 computer on dial-up without a firewall? Not a good scenario. If you have SP4 installed, at least you theoretically can't get infected within 30 seconds of getting online. I used to use Sygate, but Symantec swalled them up to eliminate competition, so I don't think you can get it anymore. I've heard Comodo is a good free firewall.

I've never used Spyware Terminator, so I couldn't say. But all i've used is SpywareBlaster and Spybot Search & Destroy for years along with NOD32, and haven't had any adware or spyware. I do run the occasional scan with Ad-Aware, but all it finds is some harmless "tracking" cookies.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster provides numerous forms of "passive" protection for dozens of different web browsers - helping provide valuable additional layers to your existing security setup. Whereas other programs have to remain running in the background to work, you just set SpywareBlaster's protection and close it - and you're protected. (Just remember to run the program and Check for Updates at least once a week.)

I haven't heard of any problems running it with SpywareTerminator, either - so they should work fine together. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.