Is Spyware running?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TonyLongo, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyLongo

TonyLongo Registered Member

Hi,

This is my second request for assistance. I have Spyware loaded and added 4 or 5 updates since installing. If Spyware doesn't need to be open to function, then why is spyware still loading on my PC. What is Spyware preventing? H E L P!
    I ran the Yahoo spyfinder and it found, among others, BonziBuddy (19 objects), MarketScore (3 objects), ISTbar (a hijacker) 56 objects and EUniverse Pefect. There was also adware and tracking cookies but its the spyware that concerns me. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Tony

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I am not familar with Yahoo Spyfinder....do you have a link ? It would also help to know in what context did Yahoo Spyfinder display the results. Did it provide a log file or anyway of showing what location it found these items ?

Even tho there are False Positives being reported concerning some of the items you mentioned....it will be helpful if you have more info so that can be determined.

3. TonyLongo

TonyLongo Registered Member

Thank you for getting back to me. SBC is my ISP and connection is supplied thru Yahoo which includes a program called 'Anti-Spy' in its toolbar. I just ran it again and Market Score shows up as Spyware, along with PriceGrabber as a tracking cookie. The program shows the Market Score file at C:\Windows\system 32\osmim.dll. Does that provide any insight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.