Is Spyware Blaster right fir me?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Charles Kunz, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles Kunz

Charles Kunz Guest

Can anyone out there tell me if Spyware Blaster would be right for me?

I am running Windows ME whith IE 6 w/SP1. Also Norton Sysem Utlities and Anti-virus, Roxio Goback, and SpyBot Search and Destroy. Should there be any conflicts?

I am very careful to maintain my computor free or spyware and viruses. But one thing in particular http://users.hol.gr/~sternas/Cosmos4D/Cosmos4d_downloads.htm
    often pops up on my screen in spite of the fact that I have blocked cookies for the address, blocked it as a Restricted Site, and can find no evidence of this site on my computor (except when it pops up on my screen.)

I have even emailed the contact address twice with no responce.

Sorry I'm so long winded. It's just that this problem is really frustrating me.

Thank you. Have a great day.

Charles Kunz :cool:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster would certainly add an extra layer of spyware protection to your system and it won't conflict with the programs you've listed. However, it may not have any impact on the specific problem you've described with that site.

What exactly happens when that site comes up? Does a new browser window just open and go to that site? Or does it just appear in the current browser window? Is it a pop-up window?

Something that may help to identify this problem is the utility HijackThis. It lists most running processes, system startup keys, browser hijacks, etc. If you want to try running it...

Go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt and download "HijackThis!". Unzip it. Run the HijackThis.exe file and press the [Scan] button...

When the scan is finished, the [Scan] button will change into a [Save Log] button. Press that, save the log somewhere and paste the contents into a post here for us to look at.

However, much of what will be listed there is correct and should not be fixed. So, just post the output here and let's see if the people here can help identify the problem.

3. krachen

krachen Registered Member

A bit of caution on contacting sites to opt-out. When you contact them you have, for the most part, opted-in. They now have your IP again. Never answer an email you don't know.

4. heggee

heggee Registered Member

I'm no expert : I'm not running ME though. I think you should consider downloading IESpayeds. That also should not conflict with your intent, and most probably already targets that particular. Spyblaster is right for everyone IMHO. I agree with Low Water Mark. When I unsubscibe from any site, I use : yunoit@........... Seems to do the trick. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.