Is Registry Cleaning Software Safe To Use?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mrm3601, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Tuneup has an inbuild reg. cleaner,so be carefull,i never use it.
    as to RS fail on you,i guess you used the cleaner mode,its a well known fact that this mode is way to aggressive[see posts].

But the search mode is great,if there is anything left from uninstall or otherwise,then RS will find it,much more so then REVO and Total Uninstall.

Give it a whirl if you like and see for yourself. http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

2. Eh_Greg

Eh_Greg Registered Member

Well Here is 300+ entries that Easycleaner took care of after reverting to a former snapshot with preloaded programs. Forgot about Iobit, That looks good.

Attached Files:

3. xheffalumpx

xheffalumpx Registered Member

I use CCleaner and JV16 Powertools for quick clean and if I want to be extra thorough Registry Medic from Iomatic http://www.iomatic.com/products/product.asp?ProductID=registrymedic after. It works quite well for me and picks up things left behind from the first two. You should check through the list it comes up with to be sure and mark anything you want to keep but so far it has not given me any trouble for XP SP2. I don't know about Vista :blink:

4. supertechgeek

supertechgeek Registered Member

Yes - As long as you backup before scanning or repair.

Modern Registry Cleaner will auto backup for you, especially commercial cleaner.

No - If you clean any marked as "unsafe" entries. Backup is the only way to minimize your risk.

My experience with registry cleaner is not bad, haven't face any problems describe in the forum yet, hopefully never after using it for 2 years.

Just be careful when trying to mess with system settings.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.