Is REAL TIME SHIELD of SPYWARE TERMINATOR troublefree?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, filks: I have been using Spyware Terminator for some time, mainly on-demand scan only, and like it. Today, I activate its realtime protection(including HIPS), it causes driver conflict w/ BitDefender AV 10; Soon after I update virus sig. of BitDefender, BSOD is the tragic result. Has anyone had similar experiences? Your pointers shall be appreciated. Thanks. BTW, I do not have anyother HIPS app.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Bitdefender was always causing BSOD's on my old computer. No matter what version I used. I never could find the real reason, so I stopped using Bitdefender. I think Bitdefender has conflicts with certain other security softwares.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I used Bit Defender for over a year. Then I had a couple of BSODs and Microsoft identified it as a problem with BD.
    The BD support folks wanted me to remove nearly all of my other anti-malware applications including Ewido. I removed BD instead and have not looked back.

It is not surprising that you experienced the BSOD in light of my and others experience with the conflicts between BD and other anti-malware applications.

I did not find those type of conflicts with any other AV, including F-Secure, KAV 6, Avira, Avast, or NOD 32. I did try ST with KAV6 and Avira with no conflicts.

If you find that you want to try another AV try Avira. I am using the Classic on my laptop, and KAV 6 on my desktop. I like both, and would not go back to BD.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

i have real time protection without hips and its working great for me

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I didn't have any side effects from Spyware Terminator's real time protection.

6. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Spyware Terminator is nice and light realtime protection & I never had a conflict or issue with it, other then it should offer a little more obvious information to the end user (ala Windows Defender).

7. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

I've had it running with the HIPS module enabled along with AntiVir PE Premium, NOD32, and Dr. Web. It looks like BitDefender is not in love with Spyware Terminator's Real-Time Shield. When I used to run BitDefender (7.x to 9.5), it was out of love with quite a few security apps. You'll have to decide which program means more to you. I'll suggest that you try AntiVir PE Classic along with ST. You'll have better and more cooperative overall protection, IMHO.

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm using ST for 4 months now, and didn't have any problem with it.

Very good!

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

So true...

BitDefender can have a very good detection, but its conflits with other software...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.