Is Process Guard and TDS-3 redundant coverage

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by mwatch, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwatch

mwatch Guest

If you have one do you need the other?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes they compliment each other well, TDS3 is a Trojan detector and cleaner with many "Extra" tools.
    ProcessGuard is a Process protector & will not allow processes to be closed down by malware, a sort of firewall for the Operating System kernel, it can also prevent .dll injection & keyloggers from installing + an execution protection system that prevents new or changed executables from running.
    Please follow this link: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/ for more infprmation.

HTH Pilli.

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

While I would agree that Process Guard is a very useful addition to anyone's security, I would be more reserved about TDS-3 or any other anti-trojan scanner. These in my view should be considered if you download files from unverified sources (including P2P networks, IRC, Usenet and "hacker" websites) since you are then greatly increasing your risk of picking up a trojan.

If you stick to mainstream websites and run a properly configured firewall and browser, then a regularly updated anti-virus scanner should be sufficient. If your anti-virus scanner is Kaspersky Anti-Virus, then this has unparalleled (for AV software) trojan detection and would likely remove the need for further anti-trojan software.

4. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

TDS-3 is much, much more than a scanner/cleaner on par with anti-virus tools for the defensive administrator. It also contains a full suite of tools that allow an operator to take to the offensive. :ninja:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.