Is Prevx SOL fully compatible with SpyShelter?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Yanick, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Hey,

Been having some problem with the combination. Has enyone tested em? :)

Cheer's, Yanick

2. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I would like to know also...

3. guest

guest Guest

Make a system backup and be pioneers! :D

To not answer your question: I have no idea, people. ;) - Yes, I recently tested spyshelter but I got rid of it before trial was over since my dualcore system Win7 felt slower which I didn't like very much, being a speedjunkie and all. :) - On one XP system I watched it even causing troubles so there it was uninstalled also soon. ;)

I assume you are using Firefox 4? Then Prevx isn't a solution right now anyway (until v4 is released if it isn't a myth :D). - Just try this setting and report back here, right? - Good luck! ;)

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I haven't heard of any specific complaints about Prevx vs SpyShelter with regard to compatibility but SafeOnline provides very similar protection to what SpyShelter provides (with regard to websites :))

5. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

I have some performance issues with spy shelter as well. Mainly when browsing internet with firefox 4 and when loggin in to windows it lags for about 20 seconds. And have quad core :/ Odd this started after installing spyshelter.

I had couple of bsod's when browsing as well. NT_Kernel seemed to be the cause. I disabled Prevx protection and evrything went fine so i guess some kind of collision was detected there with those apps.

Im glad next version of spyshelter fixes performance problems (beta release notes).

Yup i know prevx dosent support firefox 4, the cloud component fascinated :D

Had to drop prevx for now, it's good product tho! Gonna wait for v4 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.