Is PG+RD=SSM?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by vbnmu, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbnmu

vbnmu Registered Member

Is ProcessGuard + RegDefend = System Safety Monitor?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thats one way to put it, but SSM is more powerful than that combo.

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I would agree . . SSM wins over that combo . . but there are others other than ssm too . .

4. [suave]

[suave] Registered Member

PG+RD < SSM

Basically with SSM you will be able to do everything the PG/RD combo can do plus have more control and a bit more features.

Plus it will cost you less money ;)

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah its similar but like the others said, probably not quite as effective. SSM is great but personally i find i prefer ghost security suite as its easier to use, and doesn't cause me any problems.

6. vbnmu

vbnmu Registered Member

n which other ones? (other than prosecurity which didn't quite appeal to me)

7. Long View

Long View Registered Member

why not ProSecurity ? I have been testing it to destruction for 2 days and have so far found nothing I couldn't fix and I think its great - is there some major flaw that I'm missing ? or a better alternative ?

8. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I personally am extreamly baised since i have been helping the developer even before he knew about HIPS. I have given him as much help as i can and squeezed my brain for it as much as i humanly can in testing ideas and naming it. So i prefer PS over ssm because i know if i have ANY problems with PS that Jie (developer) can and will fix it ASAP and then everyone gets the benifates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.