Is OUTPOST firewallPro V.4.0 ready for d/l ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Perman, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I am using v.3.5 now. I just learned that there is a possible d/l site for V.4.0 offshore(i am in CANADA), is it possible? I thought v.4.0 is still in beta. My source is very vague about the d/l site, i can not extract more info from him. I hope that this is just another rumor.o_O

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

4.0 Beta leaked to p2p a few weeks ago. Official version will be available HERE.
    I would not recommend to download it from untrusted source (especially not p2p).

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Better wait for the final version in late July.

4. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Yes. Always good advice to wait for the gold version. It's also good advice to allow others to install it first and see if it's laden with mind numbing bugs. ;)

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Aren't they all? :D

6. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Outpost 4.0 is in closed beta but that doesn't stop some people from leaking it onto file-sharing networks. Anyone considering downloading a copy should bear in mind the following:
    • Beta software is just that. It will have bugs - some minor, some serious (e.g. BSODs). If you are not an official beta tester, you will have no proper means of reporting them and any threads regarding unreleased betas in the Outpost forum will be locked. If you wish to become an official beta tester then visit this page for details on applying - only consider it though if you are prepared to do actual testing and submit detailed reports on bugs you encounter.
    • As with any program you download from a file-sharing network, it may be cracked or modified to contain a little "extra" functionality. In such cases, the malware is more likely to be modified and specific to that file and so less likely to be detected by AV scanners. Unless you use a top-notch AV (and probably a top-notch anti-trojan as well), downloading programs from P2P is a practice best avoided.

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

All good advice postings for Perman. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, why take a chance.

I have little sympathy for those who ruin there systems by what I would call in this instance a potentially cracked beta from unreliable source. Way to much risk here creature Perman. ;)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: Thank you all for the precious advices. I will wait for the official release sometime soon. Although I did have a quick glance of v.4.0, not installed of course.;)

9. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i'll be one to try the official release. I'm havin no problems with 3.5, it runs great but i'm keen to have a good look at v4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.