Is NOD32 ver. 4.2 compatible with Spy Sweeper 5.5?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by silver-spoon, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver-spoon

silver-spoon Registered Member

I still have old version of NOD32 (ver. 2.7) and I am thinking to upgrade it to ver. 4.2. But I also have running Spy Sweeper 5.5 on my computer. It looks like NOD32 ver. 4.2. can perform antispyware protection, and I am wondering if NOD32 ver. 4.2. is compatible with Spy Sweeper. Do I need to have them both, or new NOD32 is enough to protect a computer from spyware and malware threats? I can not say that I like Spy Sweeper very much, but it worked pretty well in several cases when NOD32 ver. 2.7 did not work.

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Running two or more anti-malware products in realtime is not recommended, unless that you dont notice any performance issues.

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

IMO NOD32 4.2 is good enough to be used as the only real-time anti-malware application but if you feel happier supplementing NOD32 with another real-time anti-malware application, you could consider Prevx 3.0 (paid) instead of Spy Sweeper (both are now Webroot products).

In my experience, Prevx is lighter than Spy Sweeper, at least as effective, and unlike Spy Sweeper, is designed to run alongside other anti-malware applications in real-time without conflict. You shouldn't experience any performance issues using a combination of NOD32 and Prevx.

In order to create a multi-layered solution, you could also consider combining real-time anti-malware with virtualisation and/or policy restriction applications: Sandboxie, Returnil, Shadow Defender, etc for virtualisation; DefenseWall, GeSWall, AppGuard, etc for policy restriction.

4. silver-spoon

yes, I know, that running of 2 anti-malware products at the same time is not good, so my questions were - could new NOD32 replace Spy Sweeper? Could I rely only on new NOD32?

5. silver-spoon

Thank you very much! It is what I need to know.

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You're welcome. :)

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.