Is nod32 v3.0 better than nod32 v2.7?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by virkelie, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virkelie

virkelie Registered Member

I will soon need to renew my subscription to nod32.

I am not interested in the suite at this point.

I understand that v2.7 will still be supported and offered.

So should I renew to v3.0, or just stick with v2.7?

Is v3.0 better that v2.7?

2. poutine

poutine Registered Member

If i were you i'd keep 2.7 until some minor bugs are sorted out, theres no rush and youll still be safe. When version 3 is all ironed out it'll be a great upgrade. They'll keep you well posted here.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Agreed, you can stay with v2.7 until you feel comfortable about updating to EAV v3.0 No need to rush, v2.7 will be sorted for quite a while...

Cheers :D

4. rothko

rothko Registered Member

hmmm, sounds like a 'versus thread' to me...:D

I'm sure version 3 will be a better product in the end, otherwise why would Eset spend so much time, money, resources, etc. in developing it?

i personally am going to see how version 3 is accepted by the masses before i upgrade. I might upgrade to the new version on my PC, but it's not going anywhere near the wife's laptop just yet...i dont mind the odd teething problems, her tolerance is far, far lower.

5. PatG

PatG Registered Member

To each his own, I guess. Been testing 3.0 for the last 2 months, and last Monday went ahead and preordered the suite. All around, very good suite w/everything I need, including a jazzy firewall. Eset's rep is enough for me! :)

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Not really, it's more of a "should I upgrade?" thread in which the upgrade can be to either V3 of the AV or from NOD32 2.7 to ESS V3.

My answer would be - if you plan on staying with Eset - to take a look at ESS as a trial once it is formally released (perhaps let a few days pass to vet any residual issues), and make the call from there.

On my personal machine had been running ESS on/off since the beta first appeared and simply decided to bite the bullet and upgrade two user NOD32 license I had to a two-user/two-year ESS V3 license. Since my renewal date was in April 2008, I get an extra 6 months under ESS instead of NOD32 in the bargain.

I'm sure a few details will still need to be rung out, but I've experienced no problems through the entire beta and RC period.

Blue

7. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I intend to stay with 2.7, I am still seeing problems with 3.0 not meshing well with Vista's UAC. Hopefully they will get it sorted out quickly.

8. rothko

rothko Registered Member

of course, I jest.

9. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

What's the issue with UAC? o_O

10. flyrfan111

Not properly scanning zipped or compressed files depending on which user created them, see the thread about internal errors.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=183676

I am still seeing these type of errors although now instead of reporting them as "internal errors" NOD 3.0 reports "unable to access" the files. This is not an issue with 2.7.

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

probably my fault for jumping the gun i know, i had loads of problems with rc1 on vista, so i tried the version major geeks supply and it was the same, with a different icon it worked but was much much heavier on resources, i didnt have the 50% cpu thing but start up, and general pc use was slower than when i had kis 07 and i only have nod32 av. gone back (again) to 2.7. looks are not everything!

12. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

My license runs out at the end of January. What is the procedure for upgrading to V3?

Thanks.

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi Blackspear, Can you tell me what the new changes are in the AV V3? Are they mostly to accomodate Vista? I am using XP and not contemplating an upgrade to Vista. Thus, would it be advisable for me to do the upgrade right away or wait?:)

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I like to wait a little while with new versions...

Cheers :D

15. TheBozz09

TheBozz09 Registered Member

NOD32 Exclusion List seemed to be broken. When I added about >9 folders and pressed "OK", an error that states "Address... cannot be read... Debug... Terminate...", something like that always appear. I tried restarting once but still, the error always appear and the advance configuration no longer works.

So I'll stay with the v2.7 for a while.

16. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This works for me on every machine I have tried it .

17. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Thanks for the link. I assume that with UAC turned off, there is no issue?

18. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I have several systems with Vista...no issues with UAC turned off. People who rush to the latest Windows OS...should also realize that there are many many issues and annoyings "things" with it until the first service pack is issued (roughly Feb '08 ).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2007
  19. flyrfan111

Correct there is no issue when UAC is turned off.

I disagree it is MS's fault though, version 3.0 is advertised as Vista compatible and thus it should work properly with it, version 3 has been around long enough, this problem was reported very early in the beta phase so it SHOULD have been worked out during one of the betas or RC versions. Additionally, 2.7 does not have any problems working with Vista, so why should version 3.0 not work correctly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.