Is new Spywareblaster affecting Microsoft's AntiSpyware?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lulabelle, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lulabelle

lulabelle Registered Member

I have just installed the 3.4 Spywareblaster. Everything went well. But now the Microsoft AntiSpyware program which I also run on this machine cannot find an internet connection to update! The internet is there... everything else, such as Adaware and Bit Defender are updating just fine. Any suggestions? I just wondered if the new Spywareblaster might have affected it. Perhaps they are just not a compatible couple? Any suggestions and advice gratefully received.
    Lulabelle

2. Blue_Drache

Blue_Drache Registered Member

A better question is .... Why use MSAntiSpy? It's junk compared to the other solutions. It's another sad piece of work that pales in comparison to Ad-Aware and/or Spybot.

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hi Lulabelle,

If you uninstall Spywareblaster, does MSAS find its connection again? On my machine, they run perfectly together.
    (Uninstalling Spywareblaster: first disable all protection, then uninstall).

4. lulabelle

Thanks for your suggestions SSK and Blue Drache,

Thought I'd see if there was any mention in Microsoft's FAQ first but I cannot get on to any of the Microsoft sites at all at the moment - so before I do anything I'm thinking it might be their problem rather than mine. Watch this space.

Oxymoron: Microsoft Works

5. lulabelle

Just had another go at updating and there was no problem at all. Seems like it was Microsoft's problem all the time. Typical that the message was wrong... if I had taken their message at face value and started fiddling with the internet settings I'd probably be in a right mess by now!

Let this be a lesson.....

6. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Good to hear!

Please keep MSAS running, its a nice combo to run with Ad-aware and Spybot S&D.

If you like, take a look here for more options to secure your system.

7. ArtDaNoob

ArtDaNoob Registered Member

The "missing internet connection" is a bug in MS Antispyware. It happened to me a few weeks ago, and doesn't seem to have any connection to SpywareBlaster.

Going to the Control Panel in WinXP and selecting "Add or Remove Programs", clicking Microsoft Antispyware and then clicking "Change" seems to solve the problem.

8. SHOOOGY!

SHOOOGY! Guest

MSAS is in beta version, of course theirs still bugs. Once micro$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$oft starts charging the bugs should be worked out.

-SHOOOGY!

9. Take a look here at Test Results#5, then eat your words! (Giant AS=Microsoft Antispy)
    http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-results-5.htm

10. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

We seemed to have strayed a bit off-topic here. Please remember this is the SpywareBlaster support forum.

For those that wish to discuss anti-spyware removal programs, please open a new thread in the appropriate forum; that being, the Privacy Software Forum :)

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.