Is Netscape 8 Secure?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by GuardianofNight, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

I hope I am posting in the right part of the Forums but I am just wondering if Netscape 8 is secure. What I mean by secure is, it says in their privacy policy that anonymous computer information (different types) will be sent to Netscape without the option to not participate or anything. I know Netscape is a trusted company but still... does anyone find this a threat to security or ?

Thanks,

Robert

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am not concerned. I read the eula before I downloaded and they don't collect anything but some minor browsing info and info for their weather app so you can get localized reports. I have set it to use the firefox browser engine by default instead of IE.

3. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

Hi Bigc, thanks for your reply :). OK then... I figured as much you can trust the program but was just concerned because of what I read. But I will download Netscape then... when I did have it installed, it was very cool.

Thanks again, and take care Bigc! :D

Robert

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Enjoy your netscape, it is a pretty good browser.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.