Is my pc infected.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by philip41, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philip41

philip41 Registered Member

Hi guys

could do with some advice for my main xp pro sp2 machine, i believe it has become infected.

The symptoms both in normal and in safe mode, first of all upon boot up all seems ok but then as all processes are loading the taskbar and the desktop icons disappear, this happens 2-3 times, then after this the task bar and icons stay gone, ctrl,alt and del still work, so looking in task manager i notice that explorer.exe process is no longer running.

In safe mode the message stating that windows is running in safe mode kept flashing up on screen even though i keep pressing the Yes button.

I am now in safe mode, i have got Nod32 running in a CMD window and it seems to be running a scan.

If i restart the explorer tast it just just down again.

Please advise if you can.

2. philip41

sorry to bump this so soon after posting but could really do with some advice.

cheers.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

4. philip41

I have now read the posts thanks, but problem is as soon as explorer is loaded it stops again, making using the pc impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.