Is my NOD32 good for Spyware/Malware too? Window Defender?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by scorwitz, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorwitz

scorwitz Registered Member

Hi,

I love my ESET NOD32, but does it detect malware and spyware as well as viruses?

If I run Windows Defender on a Vista system at the same time, will it cause any conflicts?

Thank you!

2. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

Windows Defender is a very good helper for ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Will do well if you include it.

3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Although a good AV, Nod32 needs additional security running alongside. In my experience, Defender is near useless. I would suggest disabling Defender & running paid versions of PrevxEdge or Malwarebytes anti-malware alongside Nod32. Both programs will work well with Nod32 anti-virus & will provide you with a good security suite. I would also recommend using Firefox as your web browser instead of Internet Explorer.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I'd suggest you take some time and re-test "your experience" with modern Windows 7/Vista , updated Windows Defender , enabled UAC (Protected mode) and IE8 . Guess you're gonna change your mind :)

You could also test the combination of default Windows Vista SP1 with updated and enabled Windows Defender , by default IE7 with enabled Protected mode and NOD32 , of course.

Windows , Internet Explorer , Windows Defender now are not what they were a year ago (for example).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.