Is my NOD32 good for Spyware/Malware too? Window Defender?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by scorwitz, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorwitz

scorwitz Registered Member

Hi,

I love my ESET NOD32, but does it detect malware and spyware as well as viruses?

If I run Windows Defender on a Vista system at the same time, will it cause any conflicts?

Thank you!

2. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

Windows Defender is a very good helper for ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Will do well if you include it.

3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Although a good AV, Nod32 needs additional security running alongside. In my experience, Defender is near useless. I would suggest disabling Defender & running paid versions of PrevxEdge or Malwarebytes anti-malware alongside Nod32. Both programs will work well with Nod32 anti-virus & will provide you with a good security suite. I would also recommend using Firefox as your web browser instead of Internet Explorer.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I'd suggest you take some time and re-test "your experience" with modern Windows 7/Vista , updated Windows Defender , enabled UAC (Protected mode) and IE8 . Guess you're gonna change your mind :)

You could also test the combination of default Windows Vista SP1 with updated and enabled Windows Defender , by default IE7 with enabled Protected mode and NOD32 , of course.

Windows , Internet Explorer , Windows Defender now are not what they were a year ago (for example).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.