Is Logging Into Two Separate Accounts Okay In the Same Browser?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by caspian, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

If I am logged into Myspace, and I open a new tab and log into an email account, does Myspace see the email account that i am logging in to? Like say bobdobbs@yahoo.com? Do they see that?

2. ResoMail

ResoMail Registered Member

If there are no security flaws in both services it's secure to log to both.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Any website you visit may be able to sniff your history - see Any website you visit can determine where you have been on the Internet unless you have suitable protection (e.g. NoScript add-on w/Firefox).

Once they have your history, and if you visit a compromised website (simultanelously) with MySpace and your email account, with the information gleaned from the cookies and any cross-domaim scripting vulnerabilities in your browser - well, you may be vulnerable to an extent. Like ResoMail said.

My advice would be to visit those sites where you login, one at a time, then wipe your cookies and history immediately after, or use different profiles or even different browsers if you are really paranoid.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.