Is KeyScrambler still efective?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ExtremeGamerBR, Jan 15, 2017.

1. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

I have been using KeyScrambler Pro for several years now. As I use very frequently VeraCrypt, and the Premium version support it, I have been thinking in upgrade to Premium version.

But, after all this years, Keyscrambler still being a effective way to protect interception for advanced keyloggers?

Sorry for my poor english.

Thanks!

2. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Good question... I have had a valid licence for years, but haven't used it for years too! Will look forward for other responses...

3. guest

guest Guest

Long time i didn't use it too (i use HMPA for that :p ) but i guess it is still effective, in my knowledge i didn't see yet any malware/program that uncrypt keystroke or disable its driver.
    To be sure just use a keylogger test tool and see what Keyscrambler does.

4. ExtremeGamerBR

@guest

I tested it with the SpyShelter test and it passed. But that is enough? Maybe there is more advanced keyloggers on the web.

Thanks!

5. guest

guest Guest

6. ExtremeGamerBR

Good example.

What I can use to prevent this kind of attack? Let's say that I download a update for an legitim software, but it is infected with some malware that disable KeyScrambler in this way. There is a AE or HIPS that would advise me that something is being changed?

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It should still be effective against message and hook based keyloggers. It won't help against banking trojans.

8. guest

guest Guest

Smartscreen, Windows Defender, AV , AE, HIPS, BB will alert. keyscrambler is not so much used, so a malware targeting it is as rare.

9. NiteRanger

NiteRanger Registered Member

Does KeyScrambler protects against form-grabber keyloggers, javascript-based keyloggers, browser add-on/extension keyloggers and web-based keyloggers?

Thanks

10. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It protects against hook and message based keyloggers. Can you give an example of malware that uses the methods that you mentioned?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.