Is KeepassX trustworthy?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Fontaine, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fontaine

Fontaine Registered Member

I used Keepass when I used Windows and loved it. Now that I am using a Mac, I've been using KeePassX and I can't stand it. The software is clunky and hasn't been updated in a long time. I don't get a good feeling about KeePassX. I've been using Lastpass at the same time but it's a pain to keep them sync'd up. I think I'm going to switch to Lastpass exclusively.

Does anyone else use KeePassX and actually trust it? I wish Dominic from Keepass made a version for the Mac. I've also tried using ported versions and nothing is like the windows version of Keepass.

2. x942

x942 Guest

I use it. I think it's perfectly safe (as in not malware). There have been several attacks against both keepass & keepassX in the past (mostly leaking small amounts of data - not a full compromise or anything). So to be safe I put it into a truecrypt volume.

3. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

i think its more trustworthy than LastPass.

also, wouldn't surprise me if LastPass is compiling profile data on their free users. all this "free" cloud stuff is usually a ripoff.

4. tuprofe

tuprofe Registered Member

Link(s) please!

I use keepassx on my mac and am satisfied with it.

5. NotRight

NotRight Registered Member

Although I can't tell you how reliable it is; I would suggest a pen and paper!

6. x942

x942 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.