Is Kaspersky IS 2016 light on a Netbook?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ifacedown

ifacedown Registered Member

Hello. I have tried before KIS 2013 on my netbook with a single core Atom 1.66Ghz CPU with 2GB RAM. It was heavy and slow.

What can you say about the 2016 version? Is it lighter? Will my same old netbook handle it?

Thanks, Right now I'm using ESET NOD32 and it's light. I'd like to try KIS 2016 because of its nice Parental Control (ESET Smart Security has parental control only for other accounts, not for the system admin. I need Parental Control for myself. I use K9 Web Protection but it has no time limit function, only Time Scheduling.)

2. darts

darts Registered Member

I am using KIS 2016 on my laptop and it is very light. I can feel a effect on my system and it runs great.

3. ifacedown

Any boot time delay?

Maybe your laptop has a modern processor. at least dual core.

4. darts

darts Registered Member

No , i do not have a boot delay , i have a modern processor indeed :)

5. ifacedown

Kaspersky IS becomes faster and lighter on RAM usage after a few weeks of use right?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With ESET you can set up parental control for your account as well. Never had any issues with this while testing Parental control.

7. ifacedown

Really? I have only one account on my PC and ESET's Parental Control did not work on the same account. Others said it will work on other's accounts, like standard or guess accounts.

Also, do ESET's Parental Control contain time limit or only time scheduling? Thanks a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.