is Kaspersky all that bad?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

the last few weeks there certainly has been a lot of stone throwing done at KAspersky including me as well. But I reinstalled v7 & ran chkdsk with no porblems this is also true on my wifes machine. So my question is while I grant you some users are effected I'm just curious if this is a few making more than it really is. Are we to ignore Kaspersky products till they come out with v8?, I'm just curious as to it's over all impact. And no conspiracy theroies, just curious for those that run it or have run it did you have problems? If we had a poll that would interesting as well...

2. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I've had KIS installed ever since v6 came out, without issues.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

My advice is to try Kaspersky for yourself and make your own opinion of it. I myself havent encountered the chkdsk issue.

4. dNor

dNor Registered Member

I used KIS7 for a while as a trial and loved it, the only problem was it caused my system to boot into Windows incredibly slowly. Even after trying everything I could think of (postponing updates, registry cleaning, ensuring scan-on-boot was disabled, etc) it still prevailed. Uninstalling and switching back to my previous security setup cured the problem.

That only problem, along with all the CHKDSK issues going on, is all that's keeping me from switching over to KIS. Will wait until KIS8 and trial that to see my problem is resolved.

So really, it's not bad at all in my book.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I ran KAV 6.0 and 7.0 beta's for almost 2 years with no issues. Removed it as I've just taken off all scanners. No residual issues either. For me Iswift was a plus as a full scan ran zippy fast.

Pete

6. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Ime in order for me KAV5, KAV6, KIS6 & KIS7 are the best protection for doze.

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Been using KIS7 for over a month now with no trouble, i'm pretty happy with it. Its not the fastest thing around but it does offer great protection.

8. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

only KIS on my laptop and it is completely protected.

9. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

There is only answer from me to be expected. I really like Kaspersky.

And for those who doesn't know it yet, the new MP versions are in beta now

10. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Looks like the system date bug is fixed. Finally. :thumb:

11. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Wouldn't work on my fresh formated computer with all updates. Very strange.
    Ruined my Internet connection too.

12. ink

ink Registered Member

I promise KIS is the best product under sufficient beta test. If you got any big issue, it is your fault. You can get all the known issues in the beta forum

13. larryb52

and that means what?, no blaming anyone. Did you have issues with it or not?, and if that was directed at me no I have no issue with it...

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i dont believe that o_O

15. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I think Kaspersky is great (for the moment ignoring the garbage that Kaspersky puts on peoples systems in the current iteration).

Can't wait for KIS8.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  16. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

When I ran KAV 5 and KIS 6 beta the only problem I remember having was having to turn off protection before defragging. It took forever when the protection was on.

17. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Kaspersky is fine, i still aint sure about what it actually does to the file system but still... its a fine program.

to be honest, most of the av's are fine, but as a forum, the little stupid things get brought up all the time, and we make big deals about them :rolleyes:

18. ink

ink Registered Member

I used kaspersky since version 4.5, no big issues like disk check, blue screen, just the slow down of the computer.

19. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

I installed KIS6
    I ran chkdsk
    I formatted
    Installed NIS2008.. life is good again.

20. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

..and you'll be sorry soon :rolleyes:

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the older builds of kaspersky ment windows wanted to run chkdisc everyfew weeeks. but since the 614 build of kis6.0 i havent had any problems.
    and now im using kis7.0 with no issues.
    lodore

22. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Just a minute! (puts on asbestos suit) KAS 5, 6, 7 have all placed unwanted stuff on my machine. First ADS and then ObjectID's. The latter without warning. It will be a long time before I trust Kaz again. I am the Master of my machine. Me. Mine. All mine. mwaaahhahhah.

SourMilk out and waiting with a garden hose. :(

23. larryb52

are you sure kaspersky hosed your system?, I know there are lesser easier system AV's but they let the crap in, Is you HD still not hosed?...I mean I've read Blue's expose on Kaspersky but to be honest his post was a bit beyond my understanding. So I honestly surmise if Kasprsky was good bad or indifferent...

24. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

+1 to whole post :)
    ... also, there are many users of AV software who do not read security forums and do not complain about AV software or computers... just set it up and happily stick with it... its when they read security forums which is when they get confused about everything, worry and think there's something dramatically wrong with their software

(not directly aimed at Kaspersky, but with all AV software)... I've seen Norton get hit by this many times on other forums... many users use 2007 and say they like it and have never experienced problems... but are forced to change their opinions when certain "Norton hater" users (who tried to use it once a few years ago and didnt like it or by reading other people's thoughts about it and never used it) reply to the posts and say its hell and its absurd when anyone uses/defends it and recommend free alternatives or their particular preference.... sometimes, the user who had Norton also hates it all of a sudden because of what others said about it o_O

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Really all that matters is, if a product is broken in any way, regardless of vendor, it should be fixed. Perod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.