Is it working?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by phruce, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phruce

phruce Registered Member

I'm about done with my 30 day free trial. I want to be very pleased, but then part of me thinks nothing is happening. The icon does not appear in my system tray, unless I go to the NOD icon (user center) on my desktop.
    I've run a manual scan 4 times, and that obviously works - albeit with a lot of error # 4s. The virus database updates well & often, and that is all that shows in event logs. I have never been notified of a threat found, except for during the manual full scans. I have never heard anything from NOD except that the virus definitions have updated. I set the settings to those discussed by Blackspear, then later changed them for me to be notified every time a threat/problem is found - no automatic cleaning. Still have received no notifications. Each time the full scan has found 1 or 2 infected files that I delete.
    How do I know this is working? It takes a while to first boot up and first time connecting to internet - so I think it is, but no problems found?
    Thanks for any help,
    Phruce

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

This one has been answered in the Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs thread.

This is normal and nothing to be concerned about...

This depends on what is being found and where, and is also dependent upon your settings for notification, I prefer everything automated and logged, then all I have to do is check the logs every now and then to see what has been detected.

Do you have a "Wireless connection"?

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.