Is it true the antivirus companies make the viruses themselves?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by berryracer, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

A friend told meh that there are no viruses really, or maybe there are, but just a few from professional hackers. But the huge amount of virusses released everyday actually ceom from the AV companies themselves to help them sell their programs better as people will want protection.

Do you think this story has any ground or it's BS?

2. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

No...

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I don't think so...I'm certainly no expert but I think some malware can be reverse compiled to detect patterns/behaviors which could be identified to come from a particular source...creating spyware/malware by certain governments to infect/spy on other governments may be a different issue and compliance by some av companies in that regard could be anticipated.

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Ha! Like the fireman who is also an arsonist, eh?
    I think it is entirely possible... bear in mind that I said possible... because who in the world is gonna catch them at it if that's what they were doing?
    And the AV companies certainly miss no opportunity to capitalize on the proliferation of malware... in fact they seem to thrive on it.
    I think that those who say the AV vendors are NOT creating malware are basically operating on blind trust, just as I think that those who say the AV vendors ARE creating malware would never be able to produce any proof of their assertion.
    So it all comes down to a gut feeling, does it not?

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

This question has been asked several times before. Your friend has his tinhat pulled on a little too tight.:rolleyes:

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

An old boring hoax story, not worth this forum time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.