Is it stable now?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by fict0n, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fict0n

fict0n Registered Member

I used the new NODv3 months ago and ran into problems. The older NODv2's IMON was also incompatible with a ton of programs. This is really unfortunate since it has very desirable detection, but the software had issues.

Have they mostly been resolved? Thanks.

2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Very stable IMO.Did you tried version 3?
    You should try it and see for yourself if it's stable on your PC

3. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Yes, I haven't had any issues with V3 or the V4 beta.. I personally like the old design better but it was confusing for non-technical users.. I still run V2 on my NT PDC, and BDC though..

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Wow...still have some NT 4 users out there!:blink:

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

HTTP proxy scanning and file system scanning can be set with exceptions that get you around most any compatibility issues. You're just going to need to sit down and try it in your environment if you want a definite answer but in general yes, it is a stable product and has been since around build 650 or so.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.684.0 is the latest build and is a stable and supported release which you can install for testing purposes.

You may also wish to install the public beta test version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0, which interfaces with the network stack using a different method under Microsoft Windows Vista (and newer) operating systems. It seems to be working much better for people who had issues relating to how v3 interfaced with the network stack.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.