Is it safe to use the Memory Scanner often?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by SwordOfSecurity, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwordOfSecurity

SwordOfSecurity Registered Member

i know that your memory scanner scans for any malicious threats currently running and also frees up some space in my RAM. for this extremely useful reason, i tend to use the memory scan quite often on my computer (1-3 times a reboot [1 always on boot]), but now due to my constant use, i have grown a bit concerned. my question is: does memory scanning with ewido regularly deal any sort of damage to my RAM or system files over time?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

running ewido's memory scanner would not have any negative effect on ur memory. but feel free to run memtest86+ if ur concerned about ur memory.

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

since scanning memory with ewido reduces the amount of memory that programs are using, i am wondering if it might be unloading malware-definitions that might be loaded into memory by other security programs..

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Simple answer: no, it doesn't :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.