is it safe to use Prevx Home ?dose this sofware send privent information about me?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 50000000, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 50000000

50000000 Registered Member

is it safe to use Prevx Home ?dose this sofware send privent information about me?

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

3. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

I very much doubt that the information sent 'home' by prevx contains any personal data about you. PrevX have too much to lose by going such a route (such as no one using their software anymore).

However it does send back program interaction that breaks it's rules. It uses this info for two purposes :

1. to better it's product
    2. to sell

These two objectives are stated in their website. In the paid PrevX Pro version, you can turn this off. The PrevX Pro version also allows you to edit rules, which makes it much much quieter than the free Home version.

Just as a side note, prevx's rules can be broken by program interactions quite frequently, and even info on allowed events (events that break the rules but are otherwise allowed) are still home...which means that with some computer setups it can send info fairly frequently.

i like the Pro version much better than the free version.

4. 50000000

50000000 Registered Member

Re: is it safe to use Prevx Home ?dose this sofware send privent information about me

strange !!! privce software must save your privce not to leak it !!!

thank you I will try using pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.