Is it safe to upgrade to TI 11 yet?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EnGenie, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

I am currently using TI10 (build 4942) on Windows XP Pro.

Today I received an email from Acronis encouraging me to upgrade from TI10 to TI11.

I read that there were problems with the first build of TI11, including lack of support for certain chipsets that were supported in TI10.

Has the latest build (8053) of TI11 fixed these problems and is it now stable enough to upgrade , or should I wait for the next build?

Are there any backward compatibility problems with TI 10 (i.e. does it read backups created with TI10) ?

Thanks.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

It is perfectly safe provided you have a full image of your computer prepared with version 10. Then you can safely remove V10, install and try out how well V11 works with your hardware. That is what I did and reverted painlessly back to V10 after about a day and a half with V11.
    There are no new features in V11 that I need or covet in any way and none of the faults I found were fixed in the first rebuild. So I will be staying with V10 for a long time. My view may well change if I were to install Vista but XP suits me fine for the time being.

Xpilot

3. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

It sounds like I should proceeed with caution then as V10 is working well for me.

There are a few useful new features in V11 but they are more "nice to have" rather than "must have" features.

What are the main faults still existing in the latest build of V11 for someone running Windows XP?

Are they new faults to V11 or do they also exist in the latest build of V10?

4. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Registered Member

If you are getting good results with what you have stay with it. I have Vista Ultimate on a brand new Dell and it works but I have to really play with it. I have to exit out of everything in the taskbar, disable McAfee Security Center and then it is still a toss up. 1/2 the time it locks part way into backing up and I have to cont/alt/del to shut it down and then try again. I finally loaded in the secure zone and then activated the startup/recovery option. This way I could just push F11 on boot and make a backup that way before windows loads. Takes the same amount of time as far as the backup goes but I don't have to mess with it. Only reason I bought it is its the first backup program that I could create a recovery disk and it didn't give me a black screen of death which means no recovery if I ever needed it. Win backup works but I didn't like not haven the option of picking which drives to backup. A full backup met everything and when you have 2 drives of 1 teribyte thats a lot of wasted space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.