Is it really the most anonymous, secure (and complicated) p2p?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by HungryToLearn, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well its not exactly a p2p but a I2P file sharing program, however im really curious about it because in all my life i never found a program more difficult to install.

Im talking about Gnunet, honestly i neither know if it really exist, because i didnt find any trace of it on youtube (and generally on youtube i always found tips about any programs). Moreover i tried to install it following a guide but im not skilled enough, i didnt understand nothing (maybe its because i need a mac and im using windows? I dont know). So i wanted ask if some of u ever tried it and if its really the most anonymous file sharing program existing... I should be skilled like Kevin Mitnick in order to install it or its just me, who in unable to do it? : )

This is what i found about Gnunet:
    GNUnet is a a free framework and open source program for the p2p. It actually offers the most secure and anonymous p2p existing protocol and his security policy almost reach the paranoia.

Any suggestions? im really curious about it and if someone ever tried it, Thank u guys

2. So no one knows nothing about it? Im starting to think Gnunet neither exist, or is really extremely difficult to use

3. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I don't use I2P. I don't like the fact it has no inbuilt protection as the TBB does. I am sure its fine, but why use it for torrents when you can torrent in the normal web behind a VPN and be fine?

4. Because (just my opinion cause i never meet someone who use Gnunet) it seems to be even more anonymous and cheaper (cause you dont need to purchase a vpn).
    Moreover i'm really curious about this program cause i tried to installed it and its been almost impossible for me, so its like a challenge i would like to know if someone has been able to do it and how.

5. Taliscicero

just look up YouTube videos, there are many explaining how. I would not use it though.

6. Sorry i already searched on youtube and i didnt find any installation tutorial, the only thing iv found on youtube is 1.15 hour workshop talking about what is gnunet, if you found a tutorial it would be really appreciated, thank u Tali.

7. Taliscicero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNUnet

I can't find any guides, but you can learn a bit about it through wiki.

8. Enigm

Enigm Registered Member

So, you are p2p'ing over TOR ?

9. no he advices to torrent using a vpn which is a good advice. Torrenting over Tor is not fair, Tor isnt programmed for torrenting.
    However the aura of mistery over this Gnunet is incredible...

10. Taliscicero

Just as HTL says, I use a VPN for torrent. I get close to full speed, have almost 0% risk, and my anonymity stays secret. Tor/I2p torrent is unethical because it wastes bandwidth for those limited networks and its super slow, for the same if not less security a VPN gives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.