Is it really safe to disable CPU Usage detection?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    As you know, friends, someone out there recommeded me to try out and use this tweaking program...but as usual...am very careful now and besides I already have been running TuneUp Utility2011 for many years on my pc without problem (I don't use its registry cleaner). But out of curiousity, I discovered that it has "some other" tools/things that are possibly or are not found on TuneUp Utility. :rolleyes:

I has a feature to optimize RAM, but what get my attention was it has feature to Disable CPU usage detection. There are times my pc hangs/freezed due to high cpu usage. My RAM memory is 760MB and I think its just good enough for single core Pentium 4 2.4Ghz Windows XP SP3 system that was used mainly for surfing.

Is it really safe to disable cpu usage detection? o_O

Attached Files:

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, first of all, the RAM Idle feature is just a snake oil for me, best case does not help, worst case makes things slower by messing with Windows memory management. So I would say it does not matter what you do there, just would stop using the feature altogether personally. :p

Unused RAM is useless.

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

I am using windows since 3.11...
    I take these "Tweakers/Optimizers" with a Grain of Salt...;)

Want better performance?
    Buy more RAM/Update your Hardware!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.