Is it possible to purge some incrementals ino a single image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by spick56, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spick56

spick56 Registered Member

Hi,
    I have TI 11 (build 8053) and was wondering if it's possible to purge some incrementals into a single image to reduce clutter.

I found a post in the Wish-list thread asking for an option to merge an image and it's incrementals into a single image but I haven't found any response to that post or anything else on the topic.

Does anyone know anything on that particular issue as to whether it's possible or if not, how to do that?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. como

como Registered Member

No you can't merge incrementals, all you can do is delete the latest few and make another incremental, of course if after you make a number of incrementals (nr. to suit the space you have) make a new full image and start over.

3. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Echo products can do this..

4. spick56

Thanks Como.

Jeremmy, what do you mean Echo products can do this?

/Michael

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Echo is the new name Acronis has applied to its higher-end offerings. What used to be called TI Workstation is now part of the Echo offerings AFAIK. Look at the Acronis site for info.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you put your backups in a Backup Location for which you specify limits (size, age or number of files), then ATI will consolidate a full/inc(diff) set when it reaches the limit(s). And once it's at limits and there is nothing left to consolidate, it will delete based on fifo. And it will do all this automatically. However, you might find that version 11 doesn't reliably run shceduled inc/diff backups.

7. spick56

Hi guys,
    Thanks a lot for all your comments. I've also read the various links attached and found the information informative.

I don't know enough about the Backup Location function and will read up on it but I get the impression that it may be worth looking into to manage backup files/no of increments, etc.

Once again, your comments are appreciated.

/Mike

8. como

como Registered Member

Download and read the text file "Create and Configure Backup Locations" shown as an attachment in CatFan432's post 13 in this thread

9. spick56

Shall do.
    /Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.