Is it possible to downgrade ERA from v4 to v3?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by dannyboy, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having the exact issue described in this thread when trying to do remote installs/uninstalls with v4 of ERA.

Diagnostics report no issues, but actual installs fail every time with GLE 1726, which is causing me massive headaches.

I am familiar with what services etc should be running and have triple-checked them all.

As this worked fine in v3 of ERA, is there a way to roll back to this version until v4 is improved, whilst preserving my existing database, packages, etc?

thanks

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

All sorted.

I uninstalled ERAS/ERAC 4, keeping a copy of the 'Server' folder in the All Users profile.

Installed ERAS/ERAC 3, then copied the above folder back in. All my packages are still there, which was my main concern. I did lose my logs and groups, but not too bothered about those.

Push installs now work perfectly. V3 is so much more user-friendly too.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

4. jeramy_t

jeramy_t Registered Member

Does any one have a link for version 3 server and console?
    Version 4 should be considered beta still. There are too many bugs and is taking up to much of my time to troubleshoot.
    I have to come back here every time only to find ESET has released a new server version that may or may not fix issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.