Is it possible to downgrade ERA from v4 to v3?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by dannyboy, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having the exact issue described in this thread when trying to do remote installs/uninstalls with v4 of ERA.

Diagnostics report no issues, but actual installs fail every time with GLE 1726, which is causing me massive headaches.

I am familiar with what services etc should be running and have triple-checked them all.

As this worked fine in v3 of ERA, is there a way to roll back to this version until v4 is improved, whilst preserving my existing database, packages, etc?

thanks

2. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

All sorted.

I uninstalled ERAS/ERAC 4, keeping a copy of the 'Server' folder in the All Users profile.

Installed ERAS/ERAC 3, then copied the above folder back in. All my packages are still there, which was my main concern. I did lose my logs and groups, but not too bothered about those.

Push installs now work perfectly. V3 is so much more user-friendly too.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

4. jeramy_t

jeramy_t Registered Member

Does any one have a link for version 3 server and console?
    Version 4 should be considered beta still. There are too many bugs and is taking up to much of my time to troubleshoot.
    I have to come back here every time only to find ESET has released a new server version that may or may not fix issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.